Instant of Eternal
Yeah, this was basically inspired by Castiel from Supernatural. Or, well, at least, partially so. Let me explain step by step how I plan for my vessels to work. Remember, this is all in the planning stage, so feel free to tell me your ideas.
- Vessels, being corporeal in nature, must stem from the corporeal realm. And they must remain in the corporeal realm as well. If a celestial is traveling… celestially, it leaves the corporeal vessel behind in a catatonic state. The vessel during these times loses the protection of the Celestial, and so can dehydrate, starve, die of disease, or any other of the numerous things that plague mortal existence.
- Generally speaking, most human vessels for Celestials were once living humans who willingly gave up the use their bodies.
- For all Celestials outside of Kyriotates and Shedim, the vessel must be vacated before they can take up residence.
- Roles are inextricably linked to vessels. All level 4, 5, or 6 roles stem from the life the vessel lived before being taken over by the Celestial. Level 1, 2, and 3 roles can stem from the vessel as well, but those details will get fleshed out on their own page.
- The Celestial can, to some degree, access the memories and skills of the vessel’s former life. To what degree the Celestial can do so is governed by the level of its role.